If you have an idea for, or an existing community project that addresses one of the priorities described above, then let us know and apply for a grant.
The closing date for this round of applications is Tuesday 31st December
Grants are available for amounts between £500 - £2500.
Examples of what can be funded include:
- the purchase of equipment, like a computer, oven, furniture
- the costs of putting on a local event or workshops
- training for volunteers
- additional activities to expand an existing funded project activities that support
- community activity activities that meet an identified need in the local community
- funding to support an organisation to achieve a quality or other standard relevant to their activities.
Please note that Community First cannot fund the following:
- statutory organisations, such as Local Authorities, schools and the Police Force
- arms length public sector organisations that are controlled wholly or in part by, for example, a Local Authority, a Primary Care Trust or agencies of these
- any party political
- activity commercial ventures
- organisations working in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland, or those that primarily benefit communities overseas in Europe or elsewhere. The grants must be used for activity within local communities in England.
- certain types of activities that support Asylum Seeker groups. This funding cannot be used for the provision of services to asylum seekers when those services are inconsistent with immigration laws or Home Office policy. For the purposes of this fund, an ‘asylum seeker’ means a person who has brought an asylum or human rights claim in the UK which has not yet been determined by either the Secretary of State or, as applicable, any relevant appellate authorities. It also includes a person who is a dependant on such a claim. Further information can be found at: http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk